Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lineage II: the Kamael Collector’s Edition Box Review


Collector's Edition boxes target freaks.

So here I am, gleefully giving away the remaining money I have to buy the Lineage II: the Kamael Collector’s Edition box. Some of you may be wondering if it's worth it. Well, to help the undecided, I've done a review of the boxed set for you guys.

First off, please accept my apologies for the really grainy, greeny pictures: my mobile phone sucks. Here's the box about to be ripped to shreds:


It's thin and light (like a Kamael, heheh). The print is detailed and clear. The back of the box provides info that iPlay Asia should've posted on the site; believe me when I say they would've convinced more people to buy the set, if they did.

Now let's open the darned thing!


On the left is the "exclusive" Kamael Guide, on top is the installer, and on the right is the Time Card and Doggie Tags. Let's deal with them one by one.


The doggie tag looks well made. It's light and shiny, but if you're no Kamael user, you might not want to wear this. The Time Card is made of PVC with an image of a Kamael; it feels like a credit card. Both are nice.


The "exclusive" guide is what I'm most disappointed in. The print was sub standard, the information was already in the website. well, we ARE a year late with this game, so I understand completely. They could've made this guide look better instead of this pamphlet I'm holding now.


The installer! Here's a screen shot of what you'll expect when you load it:



I'm not sure about those who downloaded the installer, if they got to see the same thing, but it's got a lot of goodies in it such as wallpapers, 3 videos. I wonder if anyone can copy the background music from this DVD.

Well, those are my thoughts regarding this boxed set. In my point of view, it is worth it.

What about you?
Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

8 comments:

Rain Mistress said...

Envy la T^T

Rob Sanchez said...

Hi rain mistress,

I think they're still selling the boxed set. You can order online if you like.

Rain Mistress said...

I'll have a friend avail of an employee discount. (tipid mode) I hope they still have stocks left. :|

Rob Sanchez said...

An employee discount? You mean you have connections there? Can I be your friend?

Rain Mistress said...

LOL! XD He's leaving the company soon eh. :| So I wanna abuse the privileges while they're available.

i'Z mean~ o.O

Zajoch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zajoch said...

Here is the European version of the collectors edition:

http://lineage2.fansite.cz/clanky/sberatelska-edice-lineage-2-v-detailech/

------

Can I use you pictures of this Kamael edition, please? With backlinking.

Rob Sanchez said...

Hi Zajda,

No problem! Go ahead, I'll link to your fansite as well. I just wished that our Collector's Edition was just as good as yours!

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster